|Amazing Taste Poultry Seasoning|
|Orange Panko Chicken Strips|
If the photo of the finished product isn't enough to convince you that entering the Amazing Taste® Seasoning Packet Giveaway is a brilliant idea, then check out the recipe for my Orange Panko Chicken Strips below and see just how simple they are to make. Then imagine the variety of the dishes you can create if you had a batch of seasoning packets to experiment with! Don't forget -- the deadline to enter is 11:59pm EST on Saturday, March 14, 2009, so make sure you leave a comment on the giveaway post and get your entry in before the deadline. And, if you blog about the giveaway on your blog, come back and leave another comment on the giveaway post providing the link to your post because you'll earn a bonus entry by spreading the word! Good luck!
Orange Panko Chicken Strips
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 packet Amazing TasteÂ® Poultry Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest, divided
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Trim any extra fat from the chicken breast halves. Rinse the chicken with water and then pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick strips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the poultry seasoning, extra-virgin olive oil, orange juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the grated orange zest. Whisk until well-incorporated.
- Place the chicken strips in the bowl and toss gently with your fingers to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the bread crumbs onto a large plate and combine with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of grated orange zest, making sure that the zest is distributed as evenly as possibly.
- Remove the chicken strips from the refrigerator.
- Take a chicken strip and allow the extra marinade to drip off and back into the bowl before dredging it in the bread crumbs. Place the breaded chicken strip on a clean plate to rest. Repeat this process until all of the chicken strips have been breaded. Place the plate of chicken strips in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour enough olive oil into a large skillet until there is about 1/4-inch of oil in the pan. Heave over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken strips from the refrigerator. Working in batches, place chicken strips carefully into the pan and fry for about 2 minutes. Carefully turn the chicken and cook for about 1 minute more. Remove from the pan and allow to drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- While the chicken strips are still hot, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Taste As You Go’s RSS feed or signing up for email updates so you don’t miss a thing!