Sharing what I'm loving right now, family/life happenings, favorite finds, and whatever else pops into my head.
This post contains affiliate product links. Clicking on these links may result in my being paid a small commission based on product sales. Regardless of commission, all opinions expressed in this post are my own. For more information, please review our site policies.
Intention: Stick to my blogging schedule. Write a new Tidbits blog post.
Reality: Get distracted by the gross design of my email template. Attempt to update the design and wind up breaking stuff. Spend the majority of the night fixing what I broke.
It feels like I wasted a lot of time doing something I hadn't planned on doing tonight. BUT... I did make some updates that I've been ignoring for YEARS... and I'm not so bothered by the design of my email template anymore. While I still have some formatting issues to work out, it's much, much better now. Not a total loss on the night.
If you've signed up to receive email updates, you'll have to let me know what you think about the redesign!
So even though it's after midnight and every other creature in this house is sleeping, I'm carrying on. I figure I have a better chance of finishing this blog post now than I do in the morning. At least I don't have any [more] distractions!
Without further ado, here's a new batch of Tidbits for you to read at your leisure this weekend.
- The last time I made face masks for the kids, I used a pattern that called for elastic. But they said the elastic hurt their ears. So I found another pattern that used knit fabric for the ties so the masks didn't have to go over their ears. Much, much better in terms of comfort, and I think they look better, too!
- Despite having a steel diaper pail (ours is pistachio) designed to "achieve maximum odor control", we've been noticing in the past few months that smells weren't being contained. I picked up these bags of bamboo charcoal to try and cut down on the odors, and wow! What a difference!
- One of our favorite local stores in the Lehigh Valley now has an online shop. I'm pretty excited about it.
- I recently finished this book. This is the eighth book I've read this year, and I'm hoping to have more time to read this summer.
- Our little guy is almost THREE and is rocking the potty training. So it's time to stock up on these again just in case someone needs to make an urgent pit-stop!
- Our sweet girl recently graduated from preschool, and as a special treat, we bought her one of these. (Don't worry, our son got one, too, as a reward for potty training.)
One year ago: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Two years ago: How To: Make Apple Prune Purée for Babies
Three years ago: Weekend Reading
Five years ago: Spicy Chicken Milanese with Tomato Salad and Parmesan
Six years ago: Craftbar - New York, NY
Seven years ago: Pizza with Italian Sausage, Broccoli Rabe, and Caramelized Onions
Eight years ago: Grammy's Snickerdoodles
Nine years ago: Wordless Wednesday: Cloud Nine
Ten years ago: More Than I Bargained for at Blue Fin
Eleven years ago: Belgian Beer and Moules et Frites at Petite Abeille