Welcome to Taste As You Go!
My name is Michelle and this blog has seen me through many chapters of my life. When I launched Taste As You Go in 2008, I was in a long-term, long-distance relationship and living/working in New York City. I started blogging to share my love for food and my passion for cooking with others through stories.
In the years since:
- I lost my job in 2009 after the stock market crash and spent a few months unemployed in the city.
- I got a dream job and worked for HGTV in their New York office.
- I got engaged and moved to the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania in 2011.
- My husband Steve and I got married in my hometown in Connecticut in 2012.
- Four months later, I said goodbye to my steady paycheck and started my career as a freelance writer and photographer.
- We became parents to a beautiful baby girl in 2015.
- I stopped freelancing and went back to work full time in 2016.
- Our family grew by one when we welcomed our son in 2017.
- We relocated to Connecticut in 2018 after I accepted a new job in the Litchfield County area.
As you can imagine, the content of Taste As You Go has shifted as the trajectory of my life has shifted. When I left the city, I went out to eat less and less, so I only shared restaurant reviews sporadically and ramped up the number of recipes I was posting. With two young kids, we're lucky if we go out for a meal by ourselves once a month. And now, cooking for the blog doesn't happen as often as it used to. Reading and playing with the kids is a bigger priority for me than recipe testing and staging photos.
Now that our daughter is a little older and able to help me in the kitchen, I'm sure I'll start sharing recipes that you can make with your kids... Plus some more family favorites that I want our kids to learn. Trust me, I have plenty of ideas rolling around in my head. I just need to find the time to execute them!
I know there are amazing bloggers/parents out there who seem to do it all, but I'm still trying to figure out a good balance. (You'll read about this theme a lot in the posts that appear after my kids were born.) Until then, I'll do my best... and I'll be grateful for those of you who manage to stumble across the blog when I do share new content.
Thanks for stopping by!