Long holiday weekend over. Brain fried. Body exhausted.
Let's jump straight to the recipe. Just this once.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Caramelized Onions over Couscous
Yield: 2 servings | Printable Recipe
- 1 pint Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, caramelized
- 2 servings couscous, prepared according to package directions
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash and dry the Brussels sprouts. Trim off the ends of the sprouts, remove the outer leaves, and then cut them in half. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sprouts to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, browning the cut side of the sprouts.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender. Meanwhile, caramelize the yellow onion.
- Spoon the couscous into two bowls, dividing evenly. Top with the roasted Brussels sprouts and caramelized onions. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Michelle Rittler, Taste As You Go
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Taste As You Go’s RSS feed or subscribing via email so you don’t miss a thing!