Holiday Gift Guide for Food Lovers (or My Holiday Wish List)
Image Credit: Charles and Hudson
I had every intention of having my holiday gift guide on Taste As You Go by December 1. I've been keeping a running list of ideas all year so I could just throw the post together and give you all ample time to take a look at my suggestions.
Well, you know what they say about "best laid plans"... If you're still looking for the perfect gift to give the favorite foodie in your life, then consider the items I've compiled here. To make things easier, I've grouped them by price point.
Gifts Under $25, Part 1
1. Laser-Cut Wood Ornaments | Broadway Panhandler, $10 | 2. Spork Chops | The Spoon Sisters, $9 | 3. Patchwork Measuring Spoons | West Elm, $14 |4. Le Creuset Stoneware Mugs | Uncrate, $12 | 5. Adjustable Silicone Pie Crust Shield | King Arthur Flour, $10 | 6. Recipe Rock | Architec Housewares, $10
I am absolutely smitten over the Le Creuset Stoneware Mugs, which are available in 9 different colors. Stephen and I culled our mug collection when we received our wedding gifts, so I shouldn't really be thinking about getting another one. But, really... what's one more, right?
Gifts Under $25, Part 2
1. Bucket Mug - Don't Panic! | Keith Brymer Jones, $18 | 2. Patchwork Measuring Cups | West Elm, $19 | 3. Goldtouch® Nonstick Pizza Crisper | Williams-Sonoma, $21 | 4. Bklyn Larder Gelato Poster | BKLYN Larder, $20 | 5. Place Card Stamp Activity Kit | Yellow Owl Workshop, $20
It's tough to choose a favorite in this set of gifts under $25, but I think I'm going to have to go with the Bklyn Larder Gelato Poster. The colors are so bright and cheerful, that this poster would look great hanging in any room of the house. They also sell posters of beer, cheese, pastries, salumi, and sandwiches in the same style... so buy a few and encourage the recipient to hang them together.
That is, if you don't wind up keeping the poster(s) for yourself. ;-)
1. Pasta Bolognese Grocery Bag | Alessandra Olanow, $26 | 2. Slate Cheese Board | Brooklyn Slate, $44 | 3. HOOTCH-OWL (TM) Cocktail Picks | RedEnvelope, $30 | 4. HOOTCH-OWL (TM) Swizzle Sticks | RedEnvelope, $30 | 5. Penguin Cocktail Shaker | Pier 1 Imports, $25
Owls seem to have enjoyed a prolonged popularity this year, and I loved stumbling upon these Cocktail Picks and Swizzle Sticks. Get the corkscrew (below) and give all three to the foodie in your life who also happens to love owls.
I can't be the only one who fits that description...
1. HOOTCH-OWL (TM) Corkscrew | RedEnvelope, $50 | 2. John McLeod Trencher Yellow Birch Board | Williams-Sonoma, $90 | 3. Rösle Splatter Screen | Williams-Sonoma, $63 | 4. Reclaimed-Wood Knife Holder | Home Nature, $78 | 5. 2-QT Pillivuyt Rectangular Baker | Williams-Sonoma, $79
Gifts Over $100
1. Annual Subscription Artisan Coffee | Craft Coffee, $240 | 2. The Whisky Advent Calendar, $242
You'll notice that I don't have very many gift ideas on the more expensive end of the spectrum. There are so many incredible kitchen doodads and gadgets out there at affordable prices that it made more sense to showcase those items.
So, what's on your holiday wish list this year?
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Taste As You Go’s RSS feed or subscribing via email so you don’t miss a thing!