Menu Plan: March 17 - March 23
Well, here we are. Another Sunday, another weekly menu plan to share. After committing a rookie mistake last week, I was extremely diligent about reading through the other recipes I planned to make a couple of times before actually starting to cook.
Thankfully, there were no other stumbles along the way. We did have to push Taco Night from Tuesday to Wednesday to accommodate a[n unsuccessful] car shopping excursion, but everything else went off without a hitch.
As we began making the Beer-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Red Cabbage for dinner last night, we both commented on the noticeable difference that menu planning had made in our lives, even after just a week.
Knowing what we were going to cook made the whole "what do you want for dinner?" dance completely unnecessary. Since we had already taken care of buying the ingredients we needed over the weekend, we didn't need to make any impromptu trips to the grocery store. The grocery store is right up the street, so getting there isn't that big of a deal... But saving time is saving time, right?
- Sunday: Herb and Lemon Roasted Chicken with Roasted Carrots and Rice Pilaf
- Monday: Quick and Easy Stove-Top Mac and Cheese with Steamed Broccoli
- Tuesday: Italian Sausage and White Bean Stew (adapted from this recipe)
- Wednesday: Simple Chicken Cacciatore over Egg Noodles with Simple Olive Oil Drop Biscuits
- Thursday: Stephen's Choice
- Friday: Bacon and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- Saturday: Ground Turkey and Barley Soup with Mushrooms and Spinach from Kalyn's Kitchen
Here's hoping this week goes as smoothly as last week!
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Taste As You Go’s RSS feed or subscribing via email so you don’t miss a thing!