When I schedule blog posts for publication on Taste As You Go, I do my best to keep the content balanced, rotating between recipes, restaurant reviews, and travel-related posts so things don't seem too monotonous around here. And, you know what? Something occurred to me while I was editing photos for this post... I don't have very many beverage recipes on the blog!
You may remember me talking about Zulka Morena® Pure Cane Sugar a few weeks ago when I shared my recipe for Cherry Frozen Yogurt. When I was initially contacted by the Zulka team, they asked me to test some of their mocktail recipes, but I wasn't able to experiment with them until after I had concluded my frozen yogurt experiment.
I decided to start with the Cucumber Mint Margarita Mocktail. Once I got myself into the kitchen with all of the necessary ingredients, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the drink came together and by how delicious it was. It was so refreshing, I didn't miss the alcohol at all!
Which turned out for the best since I was testing the recipes in the middle of the morning. ;-)
The original recipe called for soda water, but I used club soda simply because I already had it on hand. As promised by the advertising materials, the Zulka sugar dissolved easily in the cold liquid resulting in a smooth texture to the drink. Even with the sugared rim, there was no lingering grit on my tongue as I sipped my way to the bottom of the glass.
A step way above your run-of-the-mill soft drinks, these Cucumber Mint Margarita Mocktails would be great to have on hand at a party for guests who'd prefer something non-alcoholic to drink.
Cucumber Mint Margarita Mocktail
- 1 tablespoon Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces club soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the sugar, lime juice, mint, and cucumber.
- Add orange juice to muddled ingredients. Shake vigorously.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass. Turn the glass over and dip into Zulka sugar that has been placed on a plate to create a sugared rim.
- Fill the glass carefully with ice and strain the mocktail into the glass.
- Add the club soda and stir gently once or twice before serving.
Taste As You Go Disclaimer: I was provided with a product sample of Zulka Morena® Pure Cane Sugar at no cost to me. I did not accept monetary compensation for writing about the product or about my experiences while using it. All opinions expressed are my own.
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Taste As You Go’s RSS feed or subscribing via email so you don’t miss a thing!