On "Feed Me Friday," I share the items in my feed reader that have inspired me or have caused me to pause and think.
This post contains affiliate product links. Clicking on the links may result in my being paid a commission based on product sales. Regardless of commission, all opinions expressed in this post are my own. For more information, please review our site policies.
Keeping up with Caroline's nursing schedule (while trying to keep up with everyday life) has left me exhausted. More often than not, Stephen has walked into the room to find me dozing with the baby in my arms because I was too tired after breastfeeding to put her back in her crib or in the Pack 'n Play we have set up in the living room.
You'd think that falling asleep like this would bother someone like me, someone who has lived her life according to set schedules and routines. But, honestly? I absolutely love these unexpected naps with the baby. Even though they're brief, I'll take all the naps I can get!
While adjusting to motherhood has limited me in terms of having time to create new content for Taste As You Go, it has given me much more time to catch up on reading other blogs and websites... especially during the middle-of-the-night feedings.
If you want to see what's been inspiring me lately, then keep reading!
- Since nursing Caroline consumes so much of me throughout the day (and night), it's any wonder that I have breastfeeding on the brain practically all the time. Naturally, I was intrigued by this article that talked about galactagogues, or substances that naturally promote the production of breast milk. Seeing chickpeas and cumin on the list made me extremely happy... especially since I recently rediscovered my love for falafel.
- When I was pregnant, I craved sweets, particularly donuts and cinnamon rolls. I thought I'd stop wanting these things after the baby was born, but, it turns out, I still crave donuts and cinnamon rolls. So, once I feel up to tackle real cooking and baking again, then I'm going to try making these Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls. And when I'm done, I might even share them with my husband.
- Speaking of cooking and baking again, I'm really eager to get back to both. As much as I love the convenience of ordering take-out night after night, I hate knowing that we're spending hard-earned money on that convenience. Caroline arrived three weeks ahead of schedule, so I didn't have time to properly stock our freezer or pantry with food to make our lives a little easier. I'm dying to rectify that problem, but I know that the likelihood of returning to my pre-pregnancy cooking routines (remember my weekly menu plans??) is extremely slim. It makes me really wonder how I'm going to start cooking again after having a baby.
- Maybe when I figure out how to get back on the cooking wagon again, I can celebrate my achievement with a round of these pomegranate margaritas.
- Or, if the margaritas are a no-go, then perhaps a batch of these butter tart squares will do.
One year ago: Healthier Eggplant Parmesan
Two years ago: A Taste of Tuscany: Osteria del Castello - Gaiole in Chianti, Italy
Three years ago: Moshulu - Philadelphia, PA
Four years ago: Guest Post: Don't Holla, It's Only Challah
Five years ago: Featured Friday, Volume 1.1
Six years ago: Sweet Friday Wishes
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Taste As You Go’s RSS feed or subscribing via email so you don’t miss a thing!