Featured Friday, Volume 1.15
When the temperature drops below 40 degrees and it becomes necessary to pull out wool sweaters, thermal underwear, and insulated gloves, I just want to bury myself underneath a thick down comforter, cozy up with plates of hearty comfort food, and hibernate until spring. I start missing (and craving) the fresh fruits and vegetables from the farmers' markets and often forget that there is fruit that's in season right now. Specifically, one of my favorite fruits -- pears.
Bartlett pears start showing up late in the summer, followed by Bosc pears, Comice pears (pictured above), Anjou pears, etc. Honestly, I love them all. In honor of the fruit of the season, today's Featured Friday post is a round-up of recipes featuring pears.
- Baby Spinach Salad with Warm Olive Oil, Walnuts, and Comice Pears from Taste As You Go
- Caramel Pear & Ginger Cupcakes from Joelen's Culinary Adventures with Friends & Food
- Caramelized Pear and Gorgonzola Quiche from Closet Cooking
- Cinnamon Pear Crostata with Almond Oat Crust from Good Life Eats
- Fennel Pear Compote from Art and Lemons
- Forelle Pear Tart from Tartelette
- Forelle Pear Tart from Taste As You Go
- Pear and Cranberry Rustic Tart from Simply Recipes
- Pear and Gorgonzola Tart from Closet Cooking
- Pear and Ricotta Crepes from In Jennie's Kitchen
- Pear-Apple Jam from Sugarcrafter
- Preserved Pears from Simply Recipes
- Roasted Apple & Pear Sauce from The Amateur Gourmet
- Sour Cream Pear Cake with Pecan Streusel from Pinch My Salt
- Spiced Poached Pears with Warm Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from My Tartelette
- Turkey, Brie, Pear & Cherry Chipotle Panini from Cookin' Canuck
- Vanilla Spiced Pear Butter from Good Life Eats
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Like this post? Connect with me to find out the next time I post. Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest or sign up to receive updates via email!