Featured Friday, Volume 1.17
Baby, it's cold outside!
I'm not even sure the temperatures exceeded 30 degrees here in New York over the last week. I wasn't anticipating having to layer up (i.e. tank top, t-shirt, sweater, scarf, down jacket, hat... while I'm inside) so soon. I mean, technically, it's not even winter yet! If this is a sign of what's to come in New York over the next few months, I'm going to seriously consider relocating to a tropical location until spring.
Needless to say, I've been craving warm comfort food ever since the temperatures dropped: mashed potatoes, creamy pastas, and, our featured dish of the week -- soup! Here's a round-up of soup recipes from some of my favorite food bloggers out there. So, pick your favorite recipe, make a big pot of soup, and then bundle up under a nice, warm blanket.
- Black Bean Soup with Bacon & Sherry from Cookin' Canuck
- Butternut Squash Soup from How To: Simplify
- Cauliflower Soup from 2 Peas and A Pot
- Curried Roasted Parsnip Soup with Bacon Crumbles from Taste As You Go
- French Onion Soup from Pithy and Cleaver
- Kale and Sweet Potato Soup from Joy the Baker
- Leek and Potato Soup from Eat. Live. Travel. Write.
- Potato Corn Chowder from Taste As You Go
- Potato Leek Soup from Good Life Eats
- Pumpkin and Shrimp Bisque from Closet Cooking
- Ribollita from The Kitchn
- Squash, Corn, and Lemongrass Soup with Spiced Pumpkin Seeds from The Kitchn
- Sweet and Spicy Turkey Curry Soup from Good Life Eats
- Sweet Potato Soup with Crisp Prosciutto from My Kitchen Addiction
- Tortelloni Fagioli with Fire Roasted Tomatoes from Healthy Delicious
Actually, move over and make room under that blanket for me. Did I mention it's cold outside??
Like this post? Connect with me to find out when I post again. Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest or sign up to receive updates via email!