If you're looking for some refreshing beverages to serve at your next party or get-together, then check out this recipe round-up of thirst-quenching summertime drinks on Taste As You Go!
Summer is in full swing and that means a tempting array of fresh fruits and vegetables is available at the local farmers' markets. I love this time of year and look forward to receiving the Bethlehem Farmers' Market newsletter so I can drool over their produce forecast listing the items one might expect to find for sale that particular week.
Judging from their latest newsletter, which just happens to feature my recipe for Zucchini Nut Bread, it sounds as if berries are going to rule the market this week. Local vendors will be offering blueberries, strawberries, mulberries, and raspberries (both the black and red varieties), and I'm praying that the baby will let me sneak out for an hour so I can go scope out the situation.
(Does anyone even say that anymore?)
Anyway... A great way to use those luscious farmers' market berries, aside from baking with them, is making pitcher after pitcher of tasty drinks. This month, I've enlisted the help of my fellow food bloggers to put together this photo-heavy round-up of 26 Refreshing Summertime Beverages -- both alcoholic and non-alcoholic -- for you to use as inspiration the next time you're craving something long and cool to sip on while lounging in the sun. And, of course, any of these drinks would make a fabulous addition to your Fourth of July celebrations this weekend.
Curious to see which recipes made the cut? Then keep reading!
26 Refreshing Summertime Beverages
1. Blackberry Basil Shrub via Taste Love & Nourish -- alcohol-free
2. Blackberry Ginger Smash with Thyme via The Lemon Bowl -- alcohol-free
3. Blackberry Lemonade Margaritas via From Valerie's Kitchen -- contains alcohol
4. Blueberry Mojito Mocktails via Neighborfood -- alcohol-free (featured in collage)
5. Citrus Punch via Erren's Kitchen -- alcohol-free
6. Cucumber + Mint Limeade via So... Let's Hang Out -- alcohol-free (featured in collage)
7. Fresh Grape Juice Lemonade via Wine Lady Cooks -- alcohol-free
8. Frosted Raspberry Lemonade with Peaches via Food Faith Fitness -- alcohol-free
9. Homemade Mango Lemonade via Overtime Cook -- alcohol-free
10. Jalapeno Mint Moscow Mule via Tasting Page -- contains alcohol
11. Meyer Lemon Tom Collins via Karen's Kitchen Stories -- contains alcohol
12. Michelada - The Mexican Bloody Mary via Vegan in the Freezer -- contains alcohol
13. Orange Blossom Citrus Mojitos via The Lemon Bowl -- contains alcohol
14. Peach Beermosas via Growing Up Gabel -- contains alcohol
15. Peach Mint Lemonade via Simple As That -- alcohol-free
16. Pomegranate Swizzle via Vegan in the Freezer -- contains alcohol
17. Sidecar Cocktail with Dried Cherries via Karen's Kitchen Stories -- contains alcohol
18. Skinny Sparkling Blueberry Mojito via The Housewife in Training Files -- contains alcohol
19. Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade via Cupcake Diaries -- alcohol-free
20. Strawberry Basil Lemonade Cocktail via Tammilee Tips -- contains alcohol
21. Strawberry Cocktail via Erren's Kitchen -- contains alcohol
22. Strawberry Jalapeno White Sangria via Joyful Healthy Eats -- contains alcohol (featured in collage)
23. Summer Peach and Basil Sangria via The View from Great Island -- contains alcohol
24. The Gin Buck via Mind Over Batter -- contains alcohol (featured in collage)
25. Watermelon Lemonade Slushy via A Cedar Spoon -- contains alcohol
26. Watermelon Margarita via Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks -- contains alcohol
One year ago: 46 Summer Picnic Recipes
Two years ago: Guest Post: A Picnic-Scape for the Fourth of July (Get the Look with J+G Design)
Three years ago: On the Side: Scenes from the Commute
Four years ago: Feed Me Friday
Five years ago: More Than I Bargained for at Blue Fin
Six years ago: Grill More Than Just Your Meats
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Taste As You Go’s RSS feed or subscribing via email so you don’t miss a thing!