Looking for recipes that will help you kick off your football tailgating season on the right foot? Check out this round-up of tailgating recipes on Taste As You Go!
The sentiment is a day late, but welcome to September, everyone! Although the long weekend marked the unofficial end of summer, summer is certainly clinging on with a vengeance as we're experiencing a bit of a heat wave in the Lehigh Valley. So much so that Stephen and I actually turned the air-conditioning on to avoid dealing with the humidity.
Regardless, most people have started making the transition from summer to fall, and for us, that means transitioning to football tailgating season. Lehigh's first home game is this coming Saturday, and I know that Stephen and I are both looking forward to reuniting with our fall family.
Anyone who has ever tailgated with us before can tell you that tailgates are kinda a big deal to us. Our group of friends typically chooses a theme for each week, and we compete with each other to come up with a dish (or multiple dishes!) that not only fit the theme but also taste great. So, it comes as no surprise that Stephen and I are always looking for new tailgating recipes to try.
In celebration of the return to watching college football, I've enlisted the help of my fellow food bloggers and have put together a photo-heavy round-up of 18 Football Tailgating Recipes. The next time you're in need of some tailgate food inspiration, I'm sure you'll find something to suit your tastes here!
Curious to see what made the cut?
Tailgate Appetizer Recipes
2. Buffalo Parmesan Hummus from Frugal Foodie Mama
3. Caramelized Onion Dip from Kailley's Kitchen
4. Cheesy Bean Dip from WonkyWonderful
5. Harvest Sweet Potato Salsa from Farm Fresh Feasts
6. Rainbow Pepper Salsa from Two Healthy Kitchens
7. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus from A Cedar Spoon
8. Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Wings from Karen's Kitchen Stories
9. Smoky Black Bean Dip from A Cedar Spoon
11. Zesty Avocado Deviled Eggs from Tasting Page
Tailgate Dessert Recipes
12. Beer Cheese Super Bowl Cookies from Cupcake Project
13. S'mores Snickers Brownie Batter Dip from Chelsea's Messy Apron
Tailgate Main Dish Recipes
14. "Hold the Fork" Picnic Burgers from Dine & Dish
15. Crock-Pot Crazy Pineapple Chili from Two Healthy Kitchens
16. Meatball Subs with Caramelized Onions and Gruyere from NeighborFood
This recipe will require you to make the meatballs ahead of time and transport them (preferably warm) to your tailgating location.
17. Turkey Chili from Lexi's Clean Kitchen
Tailgate Salad Recipe
18. Grilled Black Pepper Chicken Salad from Simply Sated
One year ago: Cucumber Mint Margarita Mocktail
Two years ago: On the Side: Milestones
Three years ago: Black and White Madeleine Cookies with Nutella Filling
Four years ago: Sweet and Spicy Bacon
Five years ago: Chronicles of a Food Enthusiast
Six years ago: Grilled Avocado and Tomato Roll-Ups
Like this post? Connect with me to find out when I post again. Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest or sign up to receive updates via email!