Feed Me Friday: July 24
While it's important to feed our bodies, it's also important to feed our minds. Today I'm sharing some of the things I've read that have recently caught my attention.
It's been a little while since I've written anything here, and part of that has to do with my decision to temporarily suspend my weekly menu plans. But, really, I haven't been writing lately because I've been way too tired to try and put together a coherent sentence, let alone a series of coherent sentences.
Stephen was out of town for work for nearly a week and only just got home late last night, so I've been caring for the baby (who has been fighting nursing and bedtime) and the dog (who has been acting super jealous of the baby) by myself. There were nights when I had barely enough energy to clean up the kitchen after making dinner, so I decided not to put too much pressure on myself to write.
One thing that helped keep me sane throughout all of this was reading. In between feedings, diaper changes, tummy time, and walks with the dog, I caught up on some of my favorite blogs, worked my way through a ridiculous stack of unread magazines, and picked up my Kindle for the first time in months.
Here's what's been inspiring me online lately:
- Is there anything better than receiving a surprise card or letter in the mail? For me, I almost think sending snail me is more fun than receiving it. I haven't had time to go card shopping these days, so a monthly subscription box like this one might make it easier for me to let the special people in my life know that I'm thinking about them.
- I have a bit of a scarf obsession, so it's taking a lot of restraint on my part not to buy all of these. Especially this one and this one.
- If Caroline hadn't been born three weeks early, then I might have had a chance to sign up for this service.
- This NPR story made me realize that I don't really watch cooking shows so I can make the featured recipes at home. Maybe that's a good thing?
- According to this article, there are ten basic types of recipes that every woman (and man) should know. For my family, I'd swap out omelettes for meatloaf.
One year ago: Raspberry Lime Spritzers
Two years ago: Home Decor: Decorating with a Strawberry Theme (on a Small Budget)
Three years ago: Fried Roasted Butternut Squash Agnolotti with Orange Sage Ricotta Dip
Four years ago: Feed Me Friday
Five years ago: Friends Reunite over Brunch at Craftbar
Six years ago: Sushi Siam: Will You Have Thai or Japanese Today?
Like this post? Connect with me to find out when I post again. Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest or sign up to receive updates via email!