Skip the dinner reservation and rekindle the romance at home with these delicious Date Night dishes for two.
I'm going to make a confession.
I am in awe of those couples who are successful in scheduling regular Date Nights. I'm even more in awe of those parents who are able to do so.
Stephen and I have attempted to carve out time for us twice since the start of the new year... and we've had to cancel our plans not once, but twice. Needless to say, it's been discouraging. Especially since the reasons for having to cancel were out of our control.
We have another Date Night on the calendar later this month, and I'm hoping our plans go out off without a hitch. Because, honestly, if we have to cancel again... I'm going to start thinking we're never going to get out of the house without our kids.
Or... we're going to figure out a way to get the kids out of the house so we can stay home and have a Date Night in. That way we can cook dinner for two and whip up a decadent dessert to enjoy while watching a movie.
Do you and your sweetie prefer a cozy night in over making plans to go out? Keep reading for these 26 Date Night Dishes that you can make in your own kitchen.
Date Night Appetizers
1. Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions from The Lemon Bowl
2. Candied Bacon Baked Brie from Blackberry Babe
3. Charcuterie Board for Date Night from Cutefetti
4. Mexican Shrimp Cocktail from WonkyWonderful
Date Night Dinners
5. Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken from WonkyWonderful
6. Beef Short Ribs with Mushroom Risotto from Flavor the Moments
7. Beef Stroganoff from Valerie's Kitchen
8. Braised Cod Peperonata for Two from Karen's Kitchen Stories
9. Cast Iron Ribeye with Garlic Mushrooms from NeighborFood
10. Chipotle Steak Au Poivre from Grandbaby Cakes
11. Crab Cakes with Mango-Lime Cashew Sauce from Savoring Today
12. Individual Beef Wellingtons from Masala Herb
13. Lasagna for Two from Karen's Kitchen Stories
14. Marinated Skirt Steak with Chimichurri from Grandbaby Cakes
15. Perfect Butter Poached Lobster Tails from Blackberry Babe
16. Scampi-Style Steak & Scallops from Savoring Today
17. Seafood "Risotto" with Cauliflower Rice from Meals, Heels & Cocktails
18. Shrimp Scampi with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from A Cedar Spoon
19. Surf and Turf for Two from Iowa Girl Eats
Date Night Desserts
20. Chocolate-Peanut Butter Lava Cakes for 2 from Iowa Girl Eats
21. Chocolate Mousse from Taste As You Go
22. Easy Chocolate Pots de Crème from Marsha's Baking Addiction
23. Fresh Strawberry Ombre Cake from The Creative Bite
24. Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes for Two from Live Well Bake Often
25. No-Bake Chocolate Tart from Rachel Cooks
26. Raspberry Molten Lava Cakes from Texanerin Baking
What's your go-to meal to make for Date Night at home?
One year ago: What's for Dinner: February 10 - February 16
Two years ago: Everyday Reminders to Say "I Love You"
Three years ago: Where I've Been
Four years ago: Celebrate the Chinese New Year with P.F. Chang's
Five years ago: Menu Plan: February 15 - February 21
Six years ago: Raffles Café - Las Vegas, NV
Seven years ago: A Taste of Tuscany: Osteria del Borgo - Montepulciano, Italy
Eight years ago: Shrimp Fried Rice with Fiery Lime Sauce
Nine years ago: Doin' the Brunch Thing at Dos Caminos
Ten years ago: How I Stopped Drinking Soda
Eleven years ago: Quaker True Delights Granola Bars