Still need to plan your Thanksgiving menu? If you're looking for inspiration, then be sure to check out this fantastic round-up Classic Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes on Taste As You!
You know how some people get really excited about the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks? That's how excited I get about turning the calendar over to November. Because November means the coming of the holiday season and the celebration of Thanksgiving.
As much as we look forward to spending the day in the company of loved ones, Stephen and I have decided to stay home this year so we can enjoy our first Thanksgiving as a family of three. Of course, staying home means that I'll be cooking the big meal, and I have to admit that I'm a little intimidated by the idea.
I know I have to plan for certain must-haves -- roast turkey, apple chestnut stuffing, and green bean casserole -- but I'm having a hard time choosing which additional side dishes to make. While I want there to be enough variety so it truly feels like Thanksgiving (as opposed to Sunday dinner), I don't want to wind up preparing a lot of extra food that we'll have no hope of finishing.
Even with multiple rounds of leftovers.
Because of my culinary dilemma, I've reached out to my fellow food bloggers for help to put together this photo-heavy round-up of 35 Classic Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes. Each and every one of these dishes sounds amazing, and I'm positive that this round-up will serve as the perfect source of inspiration as I continue to tweak our holiday menu!
35 Classic Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
1. 15 Minute Green Beans and Bacon | Iowa Girl Eats
2. Buttermilk Skillet Cornbread | Bake Love Give
3. Buttery Fresh Herb Smashed Potatoes | Frugal Foodie Mama (featured in collage)
4. Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Dark Cherry Sauce + Hazelnut | An Edible Mosaic
5. Caramelized Onion and Bacon Mashed Potatoes | Blackberry Babe
6. Clover Yeast Dinner Rolls | Frugal Foodie Mama
7. Cranberry Salsa | Farm Fresh Feasts
8. Creamed Kale | Nutmeg Nanny (featured in collage)
9. Easy Cheesy Stovetop Scalloped Potatoes | Chocolate Moosey
10. Easy Creamy Swiss Cheese Mixed Vegetable Casserole | American Heritage Cooking
11. Ginger Miso Acorn Squash with Toasted Pistachios | Snixy Kitchen
12. Kale and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad | Celebrating Sweets
13. Lentil Mushroom Stuffing | Foxes Love Lemons
14. Maple Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes | The Roasted Root
15. Maple Glazed Butternut Squash with Bacon | Home Cooking Memories
16. Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Curry | Food Faith Fitness
17. Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Orange Zest | The Lemon Bowl
18. Orange Maple Cranberry Sauce | Kitchen Treaty (featured in collage)
19. Quick and Easy Ginger Mashed Sweet Potatoes | Cooking on the Weekends
20. Roasted Acorn Squash with Pomegranate & Parsley | Foxes Love Lemons
21. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple and Bacon | Melanie Makes (featured in collage)
22. Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower | Renee's Kitchen Adventures
23. Roasted Green Beans with Almonds | Barbara Bakes
24. Ruby Port Cranberry Sauce | Karen's Kitchen Stories
25. Savory Herb Monkey Bread Rolls | Flavor Mosaic (featured in collage)
26. Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Gruyere | Rachel Cooks
27. Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Raisins & Maple Dijon Vinaigrette | With Salt & Wit
28. Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Shallots | Everyday Maven
29. Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Sauce | Peas and Crayons
30. Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole | The Magical Slow Cooker
31. Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes | The Magical Slow Cooker
32. Spinach Gratin | Karen's Kitchen Stories
33. Sweet Potato Casserole Lightened Up | American Heritage Cooking
34. Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallow & Pecan Streusel | Celebrating Sweets
35. Traditional Bread Stuffing (Crock-Pot Method) | From Valerie's Kitchen (featured in collage)
If you need even more Thanksgiving inspiration, then check out this round-up of 50 Desserts to Serve on Thanksgiving.
What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year? Will you be traveling for the holiday or will you be staying home? Let me know in the comments!
One year ago: 50 Desserts to Serve on Thanksgiving
Two years ago: Menu Plan: November 3 - November 9
Three years ago: Restaurant Week at The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley
Four years ago: Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Five years ago: Featured Friday, Volume 1.12
Six years ago: Chocolate Chip Cookies For One
Seven years ago: Potato Corn Chowder
If you liked this post, consider subscribing to Taste As You Go’s RSS feed or subscribing via email so you don’t miss a thing!