What's for Dinner: May 17 - May 23
Looking for dinner inspiration? Here's what I've planned for dinner at our house this week!
Blogging for me involves peaks and valleys. I go through periods when the words flow out of my fingers without issue. Then I go through periods when finding the motivation to write is just as hard as finding the words.
I'm trudging through a valley right now. My mind has been so focused elsewhere that it's been a struggle sticking to my blogging schedule. At first, I skipped a recipe post and rearranged the schedule to make me feel better about skipping it. Then I skipped another recipe post and rearranged the schedule again. Then I skipped my official recap of my 40 Before 40 project.
And just like that... I'm pouring my effort into keeping our weekly menu plans on track so I'm publishing something.
When I woke up this morning, I felt motivated. I planned to write while enjoying my morning coffee. But then I remembered I had to make face masks for the kids because we're going out in public tomorrow. (The masks we do have are way too big for their faces.)
Goodbye, blogging time. Hello, sewing time.
Then I had to take care of something for work. Then the kids needed lunch. I sat down to write after the kids went up for their naps and realized I hadn't showered yet. Then I needed to prep tonight's dinner. As I was doing that, I noticed the vegetables for Friday night's pizza were starting to grow soft... so I had to prep those, too. Then the kids came down because they were so not going to nap... And here we are.
I'm determined to publish this post, so let's not waste any more time. Keep reading to see what I've planned for dinner at our house this week!
Notes about Last Week
- The sauce for Tuesday's Sausage and Peppers and Onions over White Rice was a little thick, so I used some homemade chicken broth I had in the freezer to thin it out.
- I used the remaining chicken broth to make the gravy for Thursday's Chopped Turkey and Gravy over Mashed Potatoes instead of water. I was going to serve corn with this, but I need the corn for another meal, so we went with peas and carrots instead.
- I didn't make any major changes to Saturday's Grilled Top Sirloin Steak with Fiery Pomegranate Sauce with Bacon-Fat Potatoes and Asparagus with Lemon and Olive Oil. The only change I made was how we prepared the asparagus. Stephen grilled it right next to the steaks. See a drool-worthy photo of our dinner here.
Now let's shift gears and talk about what I've planned for dinner this week.
A Week of Dinners: May 17 - May 23
Sunday: Falafel with Cucumbers, Lettuce, and Tomatoes with Pita
Monday: Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
Tuesday: Easy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry with White Rice
Thursday: Spaghetti and Basic Baked Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
Friday: Pizza with Roasted Eggplant, Grape Tomatoes, Garlic, and Fresh Mozzarella
Saturday: Toasted Peasant Bread with Olive Oil-Fried Eggs and Caramelized Ramps
Fingers crossed for favorable weather conditions so I can go into the woods to pick some ramps before the season is over!
Need Help Menu Planning?
- Check out my previous menu plans for ideas.
- Read these helpful meal planning tips.
- Follow my Meals from the Menu Plan Pinterest board.
- Join my What's for Dinner? Facebook Group.
One year ago: 40 Before 40
Two years ago: Our Monthly Dinner Plan (March)
Three years ago: Menu Plan: May 14 - May 20
Four years ago: Vanilla Bean Basmati Rice Pudding
Five years ago: Menu Plan: May 17 - May 23
Six years ago: Menu Plan: May 12 - May 17
Eight years ago: Strawberry Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Nine years ago: Changing It Up with Brunch at Jumbars
Ten years ago: Brunch at Almond Restaurant
Eleven years ago: New Website Design and an Award
Like this post? Connect with me to find out when I post again. Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest or sign up to receive updates via email!