Sharing what I'm loving right now, family/life happenings, favorite finds, and whatever else pops into my head.
This post contains affiliate product links. Clicking on these links may result in my being paid a small commission based on product sales. Regardless of commission, all opinions expressed in this post are my own. For more information, please review our site policies.
I've been off my blogging game lately. I haven't been sticking to my blogging schedule... and if you took a peek at my bullet journal, you'd see how often I migrate my writing tasks forward.
By the time I finish the regular things on my to-do list for the day, I don't have the energy to sit down and write. I've been pushing myself pretty hard on the mom front lately, and it's starting to take its toll. So, of course, the blog is suffering.
But there might be a way out of it.
Our daughter's Spring Break is coming up, and I'm going to take the first week of that break -- her birthday week -- off from work. Even though I've already created my content calendar for March... I'm thinking about taking a formal blogging hiatus for a few weeks.
Because I need some time to recharge... some time to let the creative sparks fly again. If I plan a break, then maybe I won't feel as guilty about all those times I choose to go to bed rather than stay up late to write.
While I try and figure out whether I have the guts to actually do it, here's a new batch of Tidbits for you to read when you find time this weekend... Enjoy!
- I'm loving the scent of our new candle for the living room.
- I finally did something about the lack of storage in the living room and ordered these. Not only do they provide storage, but they also double as extra seating for when we have guests over again... Someday...
- Thanks to my MIL, I signed up for this daily news digest email. Because, honestly, I've stepped away from the news to give myself a breather after the election/inauguration. To stay more informed, I also subscribed to this newsletter and this newsletter.
- When I was younger, my family didn't look like everyone else's. My dolls didn't look like me and there were no multiracial families in the children's books I read growing up. Naturally, representation is super important to me... which is why I recently chose to fund this project.
- I decided I deserved a new winter coat, so I bought this one. Because the one I bought to wear when I was pregnant with our eldest (who will be turning six very, very soon) wasn't cutting it anymore.
- So help me, I finally did this on Instagram.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I hope you can find some time for yourself to do something that fills your cup and makes you happy!
One year ago: 26 Date Night Dishes
Two years ago: Slow Cooker Smoky Chicken with Pinto Beans
Three years ago: Everyday Reminders to Say "I Love You"
Four years ago: Chocolate Chip Marble Brownies
Five years ago: Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Six years ago: Garlicky Grilled Tequila and Lime Shrimp
Seven years ago: Three Bean Chili with Homemade Chili Seasoning
Eight years ago: A Taste of Tuscany: Osteria del Borgo - Montepulciano, Italy
Nine years ago: Postino Arcadia - Phoenix, AZ
Ten years ago: Simple Olive Oil Drop Biscuits
Eleven years ago: How They Found My Blog: Week 12
Twelve years ago: Lunch at Jackson Hole: Bring a Friend
Like this post? Connect with me to find out when I post again. Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, or sign up to receive updates via email!