Sharing what I'm loving right now, family/life happenings, favorite finds, and whatever else pops into my head.
This post contains affiliate product links. Clicking on these links may result in my being paid a small commission based on product sales. Regardless of commission, all opinions expressed in this post are my own. For more information, please review our site policies.
Our little corner of Connecticut is welcoming spring with open arms. Glorious shades of yellow and pink and purple are popping up everywhere. Little green buds are emerging from the branches of the trees... and it's as if the whole world is taking a deep breath to drink it all in.
As much as I go on and on about loving the fall and my favorite fall food, I hold a special place in my heart for the spring. I love watching everything around me wake up, refreshed after the long winter. And I can't help but feel happy and energized with so much beauty around me.
I don't have to work this weekend, so I'm hoping to get into the wooded area behind our house to harvest some spring ramps. I've been waiting (and waiting!) for signs of them and they're finally ready to pick. 🙌
The whole family is pretty excited about ramp season, so I'll likely have the kids help me. Especially since they're eager to use the new garden tools the Easter Bunny brought them.
Before I sign off for the weekend, here's a new batch of Tidbits for you to read when you find time in your day.
- We have been reading a lot of books in our house lately. Here are some of our favorites from our Spring Break reading list:
- This one about recycling
- This one about visiting an art museum
- This one about the invention of Crayola crayons
- This one about figuring out who you are and how your strengths can help others
- This one about the importance of kindness
- This classic
- And this one about trying to make sense about the world
- Now that school is back in session and we have access to the school library, we're reading even more books. These are our favorites since going back to school:
- This one about the exploration of perspective, perception, and the passage of time
- This one dedicated to Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy that celebrates community, the beauty of nature, and the power of faith and imagination
- This gorgeous one that celebrates everything Earth does for us while reminding us to be a good friend in return
- I don't really keep a lot of files on my desktop, but if I did, I'd want to organize them like this.
- I love this site because it generates daily challenges to help make you feel a little more focused, confident, happy, calm, and/or resilient. The challenges are small and manageable and designed to make you feel like you're making progress.
- We've been using wool dryer balls for a while now, but they're not this cute. Time to upgrade?
- Why didn't I think of this trick before?
- I love these chairs but have nowhere to put them. Oh well.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I hope you can find some time for yourself to do something that fills your cup and makes you happy!
One year ago: 19 Simple Stir-Fry Meals
Two years ago: Ode to the Cardigan
Three years ago: Our Monthly Dinner Plan (March)
Four years ago: 40 Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes
Five years ago: Délice Café - Feasterville-Trevose, PA
Six years ago: The Hamilton Kitchen & Bar - Allentown, PA
Seven years ago: Menu Plan: April 13 - April 19
Eight years ago: Rodizio Grill to Open in Allentown in Early May
Nine years ago: Carrot Cake with Buttercream Frosting
Ten years ago: Panera Presents New Menu Items
Eleven years ago: Featured Friday, Volume 1.4
Twelve years ago: Friendly Friday and an Award
Like this post? Connect with me to find out when I post again. Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, or sign up to receive updates via email!